All admissions to the MBBS program are carried out in line with the prevailing rules and regulations of the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC). Students from all provinces of Pakistan, Islamabad, FATA & overseas can apply for admission.
1. Admissions to private medical and dental colleges shall be conducted for the 2020-21 session through a centralized automated admission system.
2. The PMC shall invite applications on a national level after the announcement of the MDCAT result, and 15 days will be given for submission of applications with Rs.500 per student charged as application processing fee.
3. The admission of a Foreign Student shall be strictly based on merit, and no exception or special quota shall be created for Foreign Students.
4. A student applying for admission to a private medical or dental college shall provide in their application a list of colleges to which they seek to apply for admission.
5. The PMC shall, on 14th January 2021, issue a National Merit List for each private college with the calculation of marks weightage up to 80% of the aggregate (i.e., MDCAT 50% & F.Sc 30%).
6. A student who appears on the National Merit List of any college issued by the PMC shall be required to contact the colleges for seeking admission on whose National Merit List the student’s name has appeared.
7. The college shall carry out its own interviews, which shall have a weightage of 20%, and shall finalize
total aggregate out of 100% for the final merit list after adding Merit Aggregate issued by PMC.
8. The colleges shall provide to PMC the final merit list of all applying students after calculating the 100% merit.
9. The admitted student will pay the fee advertised by the college in advance directly to the college and confirm the admission.
10. The admissions shall be concluded by 15th February 2021.
11. If any seats remain vacant after 15th February 2021, each college shall have 7 days to fill such seats from students who may have applied to other colleges but did not obtain admission in such colleges, subject to them being interviewed by the college and admission being on merit.
12. Each college will publish the final admitted list of students on its website and send it to its affiliated university (UHS).
13. A certified list of students admitted shall be provided to the PMC by the UHS within 60 days of the close of admissions after having verified the high school leaving certificate/degree of the student and other necessary credentials.
14. Any students whose degree is not duly verified or credentials are found to be false or forged shall have the admission terminated with immediate effect. He/ She shall be barred from applying to any medical or dental college in Pakistan in the future.
15. If a student drops out or is removed within 60 days of the close of admissions, and there are no applicants for transfer, the college shall be permitted to admit a student within 14 days of the 60 days period as per the merit list issued by PMC.
16. A fee of Rs.5,000 per student shall be payable by the college for registration with PMC.
17. The PMC shall, within 14 days of receipt of the admitted students from the university will issue each student’s unique PMC Student Number.